Sunday, October 19, 2008

Family update

Just an update on McKenzie! Everything was great at her appointment. It was her 2 month appointment. She was 2 months and 3 weeks though... BUT she is almost 15 pounds and 25 1/4 inches long. She is in the 99th percentile for height and 98th for weight. I guess I just make BIG babies!
We tried family pictures this weekend.... 2 year olds just don't work with you! Especially when they take a nap in the car on the way. We are going to try again on Friday. Hopefully it works!

Copied from a couple of weeks ago! (only 4 weeks left now!!!)

Well like the title says... only 6 more weeks of student teaching. I am definitely wanting it to be done, but I am loving it at the same time. I only have two more evaluation which the next one is on the 21st. I had some very frustrating problems with one of my cooperating teachers, but it has been resolved and it is becoming a better situation. I am more relaxed and able to do my own style of teaching. I know the next 6 weeks are going to fly!
McKenzie is a monster and she is smiling all the time. We have an appointment for her on Tuesday so we will see how big she actually is! She is a lot taller than Melia was. Her eyes are dark and look like they will be like Treven's (of course). She still has plenty of dark hair. We will see if it sticks around. Melia is a crazy soon-to-be 2 year old. The terrible twos is already starting... she got to the couch with blue highlighter. The cushions are now turned so you can't see it. We were planning on getting our couches cleaned so I guess she just wanted to make them dirtier. We also got a Twin size bed for Melia. Now the bedroom has both girls in it. We switched to having McKenzie in the crib because it is warmer in their room than the master bedroom. McKenzie has to be extremely warm in order to sleep well. So pictures below show her new bed and what their bedroom looks like.
McKenzie was blessed today and we had three close friends in the circle with us. It was a great small gathering and we had dinner with everybody this afternoon... Chicken and broccoli (requested by our friends). Pictures added on!
Treven and I were able to go on a date on Friday night with Matt and Kate. We went to dinner and a movie. It was nice to be out for a night with just Treven. Speaking of which, the picture below is of Melia and her friend Rylee. Our friends Linzi and Sam watched the girls when we went out. Linzi was giving Rylee a bath and Melia was watching. Well McKenzie started crying so Linzi went to go get her. When she came back, Melia had jumped in with Rylee fully clothed. It is so something Melia would do.
Treven registers for classes in about a month and is hoping to get into 4 psychology classes that would work perfectly with his schedule and give him the credits he needs. He would only have 2 classes a day. Pepsi is going well, but it is still busy. It has not slowed down like it usually does in the fall. He thinks it is because the college accepted about 600 more students then they have in the past. Who knows?!
Oh yeah.. It snowed this weekend. It didn't stick, but still! Not looking forward to snow coming. It is so cold outside.
We are looking into moving again... I know, I know. AGAIN! BUT! We need a bigger living room with having two children. Our friends Matt and Kate live at a place called Stone book and it is about 15 dollars more than we would be paying here. It is a 840 sq ft apartment and the living room is very open and big. It comes with a washer and dryer so we are going to just store the ones we have for later. This all depends on if we get into them. They start taking names for the waiting list for January on November 1st so hopefully we do get it!
We ARE COMING HOME!!! (thanks to Mom :)! THANK YOU!) We will be coming on December 13th. Unfortunately, Treven can only come until the 18th, but he wants the girls and I to be there for Christmas so that we actually have a Christmas. He is such a great husband! The girls and I will be staying until the 29th of December then heading back to Rexburg.

No comments: