Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Melia's Haircut and a little update




Well since both girls are asleep at the same time, I have some time to blog! We took McKenzie to her 6 month check up today... she is really 6 1/2 months old, but oh well! She was 20 1/2 lbs and 29 1/4 inches long. She was 100th percentile in height and 99th in weight. They actually told me that they want her eating more than she is! I was like WHAT?! Anyway, she is a well baby and definitely tired from the whole immunizations ordeal. Melia got her hair cut yesterday. She did well except she peed her pants during it... yeah, she was sitting on my lap and I was still in the middle of getting my hair cut. Luckily, it was at a friends house that lives around the corner so Treven just ran home real quick. Melia was concentrating so hard on staying still that she completely forgot. She started crying so hard and kept saying sorry! It was so sad that she was so disappointed in herself. Then she had like 4 accidents throughout the day which is NOT like her at all... We haven't had any accidents today though so maybe it was just a one day thing (hopefully).
One funny thing from Melia is that she has this princess crown light which burnt out so we took off the cord and it is just the crown now. She thinks it is a "Happy Birthday cake" so for the last three days she has had us sit down and sing happy birthday to her and blow out the candles. (We will post a video on our blog). Then there are five points on the crown and she named them... It was hilarious. The middle one is Papa. To the left is Daddy then Melia (or Ma na as Melia says her name). To the right is Grammy and Mommy. I always want to see through a toddler's eyes just to see what it is like since I don't remember when I was a toddler!
I had a month long time period where I couldn't seem to go to the gym or anything with the girls and Treven studying and going to school and work. BUT I finally figured it out! I am so sick of not being where I would like to be and not exercising... so I started this week with going in the mornings before Treven goes to school or work. Mondays and Wednesdays I go to a cycling class from 6:30-7:20 am, Tuesdays I lift weights and do the elliptical from 5:30-6:30 am, Thursdays I go at 6:30-7:30 am but do the same thing as Tuesday, then Friday I go from 5:30-6:30 and run the indoor track. I have done through Tuesday and it has been wonderful. I also started counting my calories which is a lot easier than I thought it would be. I have already lost 3 lbs which sounds good to me! Anyway, I really am loving getting back to exercising and where I want to be. My reward for losing 20 pounds is a trip to San Diego to visit my sister, Marnie! I am determined to get there! So only 17 more to go!
My birthday is coming up this next week on the 18th so I am looking forward to that and turning 23! I think we may go out somewhere on Monday since that is the day Treven has off from school.
Well that is the little update and here are some pictures of Melia's hair cut.

No comments: