Monday, August 17, 2009

The verdict is...

Melia needs glasses!

Woo hoo... I am actually feeling really bad for her for some reason. Well, I hated glasses and looked like the biggest dork in the world. But it doesn't matter, here is the story!


It all started because she started doing a "stink eye" whenever she was looking at someone or watching a movie and she started doing it more often in the last like 4 months. Treven would mess around with her and sound like he was angry, but have a happy face or an angry face and she would do the "stink eye" and then based on what she saw she would react happy or sad.

So we decided, "Okay, we need to take her to the eye doctor." I finally called about 2 weeks ago to go in and see him. Today was the day. He first did the eye test, which included pictures not letters, and she would tell him what she saw. She got really frustrated about the 4th or 5th line down and just gave up. She just kept saying "Boat. Boat. Boat". Then he dropped some eye drops in to make her pupils nice and dilated. When we went back in, he had her watch a cartoon in a machine while he looked at her eyes and then he looked at her eyes with two other machines. Then he told us... She is EXTREMELY far-sighted. He said her eyes are trying so hard to focus on things around her that she just gives up and does the "stink eye". It makes sense even more though, because she gives up on coloring and just wants us to do it and we are trying to teach her what the letters look like and she gets frustrated and gives up.
So now it will be fixed with glasses. I will definitely be getting her contacts when she is old enough because that was the BEST thing ever for me in middle school. Her glasses will be in the office in 3 weeks at the longest. The doctor picked them out, not my favorite, but they are pink and they do look cute on her. He said they are the best for her age because they are durable. We will have to get new ones in a year because of her growth so I figure I can pick out cuter ones then.

Well there is the excitement at our house right now! Hopefully it will help her with things that she has been having problems with!

2 comments:

Raine said...

Little kids in glasses are absolutely positively one of the cutest things in the world! And in Melia's case... she'll be off-the-chart adorable! Post a pic for all your fans out here okay?! :-)

Linzi said...

She is going to look adorable in glasses. I can't wait to see! (I bet she can't wait either haha)