Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Hot Summer Day at Work

Well I am going to try and post everything. I am at work right now, :/, but I am in the kindergarten room and there is wireless internet! Since almost all the kids are asleep and I got everything done that I needed to, I figured I would start on all the updating!

I am working full time (9-6 Mon-Fri) at the Daycare. I got a raise to teacher so I get paid more and have more responsibilities, but I love it! I love being able to be a teacher again and work with children to help them learn everything they need to know. They are little sponges soaking up everything that it going on. I am with the Star class, which is like 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 year olds.

Currently, since it is summer, we are low on the amount of children we have at the daycare so I am helping out other classrooms, which is wonderful when I am getting full time hours. I had the whole week off last week so now the girls and I are trying to get back into the "school" mode. The girls started sleeping in until like 9 everyday which is sooo not normal, but I am thankful for it on the weekends and during our vacation.

Our vacation was great. My whole side of the family was able to go up to a house on Lake Mayfield that was made up of three condos. Two of the condos had three bedrooms and one had two bedrooms. Each condo had it’s own washer, dryer, kitchen, bathrooms, living room, and porch. There were doors that close and lock so if somebody only rented out one of the condos, they could be to themselves. Since we rented all three, we left the stairway open! It is wonderful to relax and have a great time with the family. The only downside was the weather. It was hot the week before we went to the lake and extremely hot this week, but the week of our vacation it was cold! The kids were able to go play at the park. My dad got Treven and I addicted to the app game Plants vs. Zombies (so much easier to play on an Ipad versus Treven’s I touch). All in all, it was a nice relaxing time to just be together even though we didn’t really get in the lake at all!

The 4th of July just seemed like a continuation of the lake week with the family that was still around. We had family dinners, which was just all the food left over from the lake since we had A TON! My dad got some fireworks for the grand kids to do on Sunday night and they loved them. We didn’t go to a fireworks show since they are all so late, but we definitely heard a lot of fireworks and saw some in the sky.

Melia and McKenzie are doing great. Melia is thriving being in “school”. She now can write her name with a little help with reminding her the order of the letters. ☺ She loves playing with the sandbox at school and now that it is summer, we have water play outside and she loves that too. She is definitely growing up and starting to help me with getting things for McKenzie, she is a great big sister. She is very obsessed with having her room clean and hates going to bed with it being “dirty”. The obsession has become more and more evident in this last week. I am liking it because she likes to keep her room organized and I don’t have to make them do it.
McKenzie is also thriving being able to go to school. She is doing better when I drop her off at her classroom. She understands that I am still at the same building, just in a different room. She is becoming very social and picking up on words like crazy. She is all about “I do it!” and is wanting to be potty trained so we are going to go for it this weekend. We will see how it goes! She puts on her own clothes and is very adamant about doing it herself. I have a love/hate relationship with her new attitude, haha! I love that she is becoming more self-sufficient, but hate it when I am trying to do something or go somewhere.

Other news is that I now am an aunt of 18 nieces and nephews! Avery Madison Stinchfield was born on June 18th, 2010. She is such a pretty baby and I am so happy for Brent, Buffy and her big brother Noah!

I have a ton of pictures to post so I will do that when I get home. I just wanted to be able to write down an update of what has been going on with us. (There you go Heather! Hopefully this will help me get going!)

1 comment:

Thompson Family said...

I am so glad to hear that you are still alive! I've text you like a thousand times!!! I miss you!!!