Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kimberly's Celebrity Playlist


Shed a Little Light- James Taylor- Same as Anne… This song reminds me of the car ride with Marnie, Anne, Mom and Dad. Dad, of course, was doing his arm movements. Every time I hear this song, I can’t help but to do the movements Dad did.
Santeria- Sublime- Well this song actually reminds me of two things: San Diego in general and Spanish 5/6 class. My friends and I always listened to this song at the bonfires or when we just went to the beach. In Spanish class, we had a unit on songs and we were able to bring in our favorite songs. This girl brought this song in and everybody in the class loved it and I remember tons of people singing to it… I know weird, but I think of that every time I hear it.
See You Soon- Coldplay- The next two songs are two songs from the move to Washington… This one was when I really was missing San Diego and wanted to just go back. I listened to A LOT of Coldplay to help me through it… It always relaxes me!
Don’t Panic- Coldplay- This is another song from the move to Washington. This reminds me of rainy dark mornings when I was heading out for seminary. This song is when I started to love Washington and the beauty there.
Such Great Heights- Postal Service- This reminds me of when I was introduced to Postal Service to my only roommate that I am still great friends with. I love the sound of Postal Service… This song reminds me of my freshman/sophomore year in college.
Since U Been Gone- Kelly Clarkson- This brings back a lot of memories of driving in my roommate’s convertible baby blue beetle around Rexburg in the Summer and singing at the top of our lungs.
To Make You Feel My Love- Garth Brooks- This is our song and Treven sang it to me at our wedding reception. BUT I can never find the Garth Brooks’ version that we love. Anybody have it… let me know!
The Woman in Me- Shania Twain- This always makes me think of how I feel about Treven and how much he does for me on a daily basis.
Banana Pancakes- Jack Johnson- This song just reminds me of when Treven and I were engaged… This album came out during that time and we both loved it. It was an essential CD to listen to in the car!
Hide and Seek- Imogen Heap- Brent introduced me to this song in his car one time and I have loved Imogen Heap ever since. Melia also used to fall asleep to this song when she was a baby ALL THE TIME! Now it calms her down in the car.
Single Ladies (Put A Ring on it)- Beyonce- HA! Well Melia LOVES this song and every time it is on she dances in the middle of the room shaking her hand back and forth and says Marnie! Marnie! It is also one of my favorite songs to run to.
Naked As We Came- Iron and Wine- I am just getting into Iron and Wine and love it! I love the sound of their voice and music…. very relaxing and chill. When it is quiet time in the house with the girls, we put this song on first and they love it. It calms them right down.

Okay I know I have 13 and 14 but I had to add these on since they both have affected me.
I Stand All Amazed- Various Artists- This song is just a song that has always strengthened my testimony throughout my life and it shows me the love that the Savior has for us.
Sacrament and Symbols- Various Artists- This song reminds me of Marnie and her friends singing this is sacrament meeting. I felt such a strong spirit when they sang it and it has stuck ever since. I absolutely love it and think of Marnie singing it every time I listen to it.








Get a playlist!
Standalone player
Get Ringtones!

No comments: