Everything seems to be going by so fast... January is almost over! It is crazy! Anyway, so here is an update from us for those of who don't know... Treven was accepted to WSU Vancouver... again. The first time he applied, there was a mistake and he applied for Spring. Well he is going to BYU Idaho so he was supposed to apply for Summer. He got accepted for Spring so we had to cancel that and then apply again for summer. Well he just got that acceptance letter and everything seems to be working great. We are moving back to Vancouver, Washington in April. Treven is done here on April 9th, but we are not going to leave until the 14th so that we have a couple of days to pack things up. Our friends Matt and Kate are probably going to be moving into this apartment after we leave. They are thinking of coming out a little early and we can help each other move. We are going to live at my parent's house at least through the summer. I am going to try and get a teaching job, but if not, well... I can substitute and still make a decent amount. WSU Vancouver is about a block or two away from my parent's house so that will be nice to have it so close. It is also going to be so much fun to be near a bunch of family again.
We absolutely love our new apartment so it kind of stinks that we will be moving so soon. My mom even asked, "do you like it enough to stay?" and I replied, " Almost, but then I look outside at the weather and say forget it I am moving!" It is nice and big for the girls to run around and it has tons of storage for us to put away things. It keeps me from being driven crazy by a mess everywhere. It is just easier to keep clean.
More news is that Melia is potty trained! I tried for about 2 days and it just seemed to not being working right but then my wonderful sister-in-law, Tracey, gave me advice that worked like a charm with Melia! She was potty trained in about 2 days and doesn't even wear pull-ups anymore. She is fine during the night and during naps. We have gone on several trips to Idaho Falls and the grocery store and she does great letting us know that she needs to go. I just know now that McKenzie will be harder... I just had it too easy with Melia.
I am just relaxing and enjoying being a mom full time. I am going to start subbing, hopefully, in February. We will see.. we don't need it right now so I don't want to make it a burden on Treven or the girls.
McKenzie is 6 months now, but is in 9 and 12 month clothes which is great though because now I can match the girls' dresses. She is just a BIG baby! She is very tall and chubby. We will see where she is at on February 10th at her wellness check up. She rolls EVERYWHERE! She is starting to pick up everything off of the floor so I pretty much vacuum the floor every night. She pushed her torso and head all the way up, but hasn't connected that the legs need to as well to be able to crawl. She is eating solid foods like a champ! I found I have to add rice cereal to everything to make it thicker. She is loving stealing toys away from Melia... I think there is a change coming that Melia will have to get used to.
Melia loves our new ward's nursery and she just seems to be getting smarter every day. She loves being social with other kids and sometimes it is a little excessive.
Well McKenzie woke up and wants to eat the keyboard so I will have to leave it there... I will be posting some pictures later..
Kim
1 comment:
bah ha ha thats funny. DONT LEAVE KIM! JUST DONT DO IT!
Post a Comment