Monday, March 23, 2009

We're Twisted Pretzel was a little too expensive...

So tonight Treven and I decide to go to a Pretzel place here tonight with the girls. We wanted to be able to take them out of the house and get a little snack for FHE. Well we get there and Treven gets in the back of the car to get McKenzie out of her car seat while I was getting Melia. All of a sudden I hear this scream... sounds familiar to me. He has made the same scream when he has popped his knee out of socket, but this time he wasn't able to get it back into place. We sat there for about 5-10 minutes while he continued to try and push it back into place. Melia was laughing at him the whole time because she thought he was trying to scare her. We then decide, "Okay maybe we should go to the urgent care before it closes." We show up at 7:55 PM and I can see that they are locking the door. They close at 8. So I run up to see if maybe they can just let us in and just pop it back into place real quick. She informs me that they don't take patients after 7:50 so we need to go to the hospital. Well that is just wonderful! We are moving in three weeks and Treven's last day of Pepsi was this Friday so the insurance was going to be ending this Friday. We believe all of this came from when Treven first popped his knee out when we went snowboarding back in February of 2006! In the last 3 months he has popped his knee out probably 3 to 4 times. I called our friend Linzi to see if she can come grab the girls and she met us there. All this time Treven is still in the back seat, in A LOT of pain from whatever is happening. We are trying to decide what to do because we don't want to spend a bunch of money. But I kept getting a feeling that we did need to go since he definitely was not able to pop it back into place. Well we decide we do need to go to the ER and we will be able to work out the money part later. We get to the ER and Treven cannot get out of the car so I run in and the nurse comes out with wheelchair. Three guys helped him get out of the back seat. He could not straighten his knee at all! We get him admitted and they take him straight back and give him X-rays. Doctor comes in and tells us that it is not fractured, but that he thinks it is a buckle tear in the meniscus of his right leg. He proceeds to pop Treven's knee into place then give us some pain medicine for his knee. Treven has to wear a knee immobilizer so that he is not able to bend his knee at all. We now have to go see an orthopedic surgeon by the end of the week. We will see if he will have to get the surgery soon or after we move to Washington. We don't know what will happen, we are just trusting in the Lord that everything will work out. Treven is obviously not able to work his last 4 days of work. They said we can keep our insurance, but we will just have to pay a little more. I am so stressed out already with the move and now we have this... what did Treven do when we get home? Popped in Twilight to watch with me and help me forget about the stress. I love him!

1 comment:

Amiee said...

Wow!! What an adventure! I'm so sorry about all of that though...I hope everything works out. Let us know if you need anything at all....dinner? help packing/moving? anything..you know where we are! :)