Saturday, January 15, 2011

Melia

She has grown into such a little girl. She is so smart and LOVES coloring and art stuff. She really loves to dance and sing. Aunt Marnie, Melia, and I went to see Tangled about two weeks ago and she absolutely loved it! We saw it in 3-D and she kept trying to touch the lanterns that were floating and she has a awesome memory because she remembers such little details about the movie that Marnie and I didn't really remember.

Yesterday Melia informed me of what she would like to be when she grows up. She would like to be a "Rocker outer" and she wants to "sing and dance on a big stage in front of a crowd". I love the "Rocker outer" name, but now she calls it a "Rock star" now. HAHA I have no idea where she would get the idea of being a Rock star except that she absolutely loves to dance and learn songs. And no she has never seen Hannah Montana.

Melia decided she wants to grow out her hair so that it can be long, but she informs me everyday that she does not want it as long as Rapunzel. She then shows me where she would like it to grow to (the middle of her back).

She is really into this book called "The Kissing Hand" that Grandma Barb and Papa gave to McKenzie for Christmas. It is a sweet story and basically it is about when you kiss the palm of the person you love before they go somewhere or when you will be apart so that you remember that the person loves you. She now does it at school everyday with me. I have to kiss her hand and she has to kiss mine and then she walks away saying "Mommy loves me, mommy loves me". I absolutely love these moments.

She is getting really interested in reading so we are going to start getting her some of the Stage 1 reading books just to get her started. May take a while and I definitely am NOT forcing it on her at all. :)

She is amazing at coloring and is very strict about making sure she stays in the lines. This is a picture she colored today all by herself. No help at all!



Next blog... McKenzie :)

No comments: