I know, I know, I didn't live up to my goal last week, but here I am! I am back!
Last weekend was kind of crazy. I was trying to get a bunch of certification done for my new job. Yup, my new job!
I have been subbing at a daycare that is owned by a family friend and so I was just there to make some money while trying to find something more permanent. Well I got an interview at DICK's Sporting Goods and the interview went great, but they couldn't promise me many hours :(. Our family friend texted me 15 minutes before this interview with DICK's and asked if I would rather work for her or DICK's. Well the position she was offering me is 9 to 5 Monday through Friday and my girls will be going to the daycare. With prayer and a lot of talking with my husband and some family, I came to the decision to go with the daycare job. Last week was my first full week and the first 3 days of "school" for the girls. It has been great and we couldn't be blessed more right now.
So last weekend I was doing STARS training, blood bourne pathogen training, and food handlers permit stuff. I just got my TB test done and all I have left to do is get my finger prints and background check done. More hoops to go through, right? But I am still getting full time hours with them which is wonderful.
I was also told last week that they want to train me to do more at the daycare, become a co-teacher, along with doing the scheduling and such. I am starting off being the break person that goes around to all the classrooms to give people their breaks. I am glad this will be a position I will be in for a while and the girls absolutely love being out and playing with other kids.
That really is our biggest news. We also found out last week that after this Fall semester, Treven only has 16 credits left to take! We really hope everything works out so he can graduate ASAP! He is also started on his development plan at work for him to get on the road to become manager by fall. He is loving it and I am so proud of him for the hard work he is putting in at work.
That's it for now!
1 comment:
Congrast! How busy you guys are but still has to be fun! Good luck with the new job!
Post a Comment