I realized today that I check my blog and friend's blogs everyday and yet, mine hasn't had a new post in a while! I am going to try and set a goal for myself... Blog every weekend. I really want to get going on it. I feel like this could be my journal and would really help me remember times in my life. So here it is...
For Kim: Substituting is turning out to be a not-so-great situation. This time last year I had jobs almost everyday. This year is a different story. I get maybe 2 calls a month. Anyway, so I am looking for something else. I would have anyway since I would not be subbing during the summer. I have applied to a couple of places. I did get a job but it does not start until the end of June so it is on the back burner. I am trying to get something else before then. We will see if something turns up. I am currently a substitute at a daycare which is working out well and it is definitely helping! I am pretty much thankful for anything I can get right now. Other than the whole work situation, I am gearing up for my first half marathon this Saturday. I am doing it with my mom, sister in law, and cousin. It should be a lot of fun. I am pretty nervous and I plan on going pretty slow and just finish. We are all planning on doing another one in October so I feel like it will be easier to train for. This half marathon has been hard to train for with the weather. I have been doing most of it on a treadmill. One another thing for me, I passed my last certification test so now I can receive my 5 year teaching certificate in Washington State!
For Treven: Treven is loving work still. He received a two dollar raise when he received a promotion to Apparel Lead at Dick's (Lead is right under Manager). He finished the semester out at WSU and will be taking the summer off of school. We are working on filling out all the paperwork for him to gain his residency so he can go full time in the fall. He doesn't know really what to do when he gets home from work now and has time since there is no school work. He is planning on getting some exercise back into his schedule since he now has some time and our apartment complex has a gym.
For Melia: I always say both girls are growing so fast and that is because they are. Melia decided to do gymnastics a little bit ago and did it for about a month, but there was only one other kid in the class so she didn't enjoy it much. She said she wanted to do swim lessons with her cousin, Andrew so we switched her. She is loving it and getting more comfortable in the water. She finally stopped being scared of the depth last week. I think the fact that she doesn't have her glasses on in the water does not help! She has about one month left of swim lessons then our pool opens here at the complex so we figure we can work on it with her there instead of paying $50 bucks a month... at least until I do find a job. :) She is loving Sunbeams at church and has a new friend Elyse from her class and begs to play with her all the time. I love how social she is!
For McKenzie: Well McKenzie is nuts! She has a lot of Treven's reflexes and she isn't scared of doing a lot of things. She jumps off of the ottoman onto the couch, off the couch, off the table onto blankets... she is nuts. If she falls down my parents stairs, she will catch her self on the railing like 2 steps down. It is crazy! She has done that three times. She is talking a lot more in sentences and picking up everything. She said her first prayer tonight with help! Some sentences are, "I want (enter item) too!" and "I love you too". But she will go on with more. She calls Melia "girl" since she can't say Melia. She loves to run, jump, and dance. She loves playing with her cousins, Noah and Beck. Those three are trouble all together! I am thinking of getting McKenzie a hair cut because she has such a mullet! We will see! McKenzie really is growing fast. She is wearing a lot of 2T AND 3T clothes. She is getting interested in going potty on the toilet so we will see if she gets interested enough to get potty trained!
Well that is really all from us. We may be going camping over Memorial Day weekend in California (all depends on my work situation) which will be a blast then we have a family reunion at a lake for a week at the end of June that we can't wait for!
That's it for now! Now on to accomplish my goal... I will be back in a week. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment