Monday, May 17, 2010

Update Along with Promised Pictures


Melia's drawing of me


Drawing of McKenzie


Daddy the princess with his girls


Cousin fun in our van


McKenzie and her clothes obssession... Melia's PJ shirt on as pants

Just a little bit about what is going on with us. I have an interview on Wednesday (thanks to my brother!) at DICK's Sporting goods for a position that would guarantee hours and would be wonderful to have. Keep us in your prayers. The day before Mother's Day I ran the Hippie Chick Half and Quarter Marathon with my Mom and sister-in-law. It is an all women walk/run the day before Mother's Day every year. My stomach started hurting and I felt really nauseous during it. When the quarter marathoners finish, the half marathoners can decided to stop at a quarter or keep going. I decided to finish at the quarter due to my stomach. Nothing else was hurting at all so I did 6.1 miles. I was proud of myself. My amazing mother and sister-in-law both finished the half marathon! I think it will be a yearly run for our family. The following will explain the past week with this stomach pain so it may be too much information, you can just skip over it!

My stomach calmed down until Tuesday and then it really started hurting. Treven had to come home early from work; I held out until he had 2 hours left of his shift. Anyway, I was really nauseous and it just felt like ingestion or something, but it never went away. Friday was the only day that it wasn't killing me. Saturday morning was a 5K in Washougal that my whole family was doing. I signed up for the run, but again, stomach pain so I walked it with my dad. On Saturday night, I fell asleep about 10 and woke up at 10:45 with extreme stomach pain. I couldn't sleep at all... Treven wanted to take me to the ER, but I didn't want to deal with spending the extra money. I would rather wait until morning and go to Urgent Care. That night I was able to get about 2 hours of sleep and I had to be sitting up on the couch curled in a ball to finally get those 2 hours. Treven worked on Sunday so I took the girls to my parents (Thank goodness they live so close!) and went to the Urgent Care across the street from our apartments. Well turned out, bladder infection along with gastritis. They sent some cultures to a lab to make sure it is a bladder infection, but it takes 4 days to hear back. They put me on antibiotics for the bladder infection until they hear back from the lab. We will see on Thursday.

Treven found out this last week at work that they are planning on getting Treven to manager by the fall which would be awesome! He would be salary paid when he becomes manager and it is what he wants to do. He wants to make this a career so that is one step closer! :) He still loves the job and the people he works with.

One day late, but I have had an excuse, right? :)

1 comment:

Nick, Kaycee, Mea said...

Hope all is well with your health and that the medicine really helps! That is so great about Treven's work....and it is really awesome he likes it too!!! Love the updates and cute pictures. I need to get better at blogging...I like your weekly goal...I should try it! :)